Friday, December 3, 2021

CGMC Bound

 Dom and I will be taking the Southshore line to downtown Chicago in less than two hours to see the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus perform at the Harris Theatre.     It's been our annual tradition since we started dating in 2014.    Well actually I was introduced to it two years before Dom and I started dating by a guy on my gay bowling league that I used to bowl at.    The guy in question was a singer in the choir and invited several bowlers to check it out.    We definitely prefer going to the show at the Harris theatre when they have it (they seem to have it there every other year) because we don't have to drive into Chicago and the theatre is literally a few steps from the Millennium Southshore stop. 

It's a very enjoyable show and I've gone every December since I was first introduced to it.   This will be the first show Dom and I have gone to since the pandemic started.   The 2020 show wound up being a virtual event that in all honestly didn't live up to the live shows.   So we're looking forward to checking it out with the protocols Harris Theatre have in place.    They require all patrons to show proof of vaccination and to wear masks regardless of vaccination status (though if you don't show proof I'm assuming they won't let you in even if you wear a mask).  What a world we're living in.   It'll be this way for a while it seems.  

I can't even tell you all the conspiracy theories I've been reading in relation to this pandemic.   Some of them are truly scary (like a new world order) but I'll have to discuss that another time.

The CGMC show isn't the only one we'll be attending this year.   I spoke to Dom about Ross's show in central Indiana and to my surprise, Dom was game to check it out given the overnight accommodations.   I hate having to take off two days of work (which pretty much is my entire shift) but it makes the most sense.    Plus it's not like I want to go to work...though I need the money.  Of course I assume I'll be driving.   Ross's show kicks off tonight as well and will be running for the next three long weekends.    We plan on checking out his next to last show on Saturday, December 18th.   Of course it all depends on the weather.   If it's going to be a blizzard, I'm not risking driving out there and I'm sure Dom won't either.

But I'm really excited to meet Ross.   It'll be interesting to see if we have any chemistry.   Obviously nothing is going to happen that weekend but maybe we'll plan a meeting in the future.

Oh well, time to eat some crappy fast food from Mickey D's before the train ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment