Thursday, July 20, 2023

Rotor Rooter Time

 



So excited.   I officially paid off my main credit card today.   It was due Saturday but I decided to just send it today.   It feels a bit surreal seeing the $0 balance on my statement.   I will take this win since it is a goal that I've been wanting to achieve since 2017.   I know that balance won't last since I will still need to use my card but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to pay off the balance every month assuming no emergencies shoot it higher than I can afford.   I already know that our car insurance bills are due next month and I will be getting some hospital bills from my colonoscopy procedure that I completed earlier today.   I am hoping my insurance covers most of it though.   But my plan now is to aggressively pay down our mortgage as well as slowly rebuild my savings with the difference left from next month's payment.  

Dom's been dealing with some tough health issues lately that may affect his employment and also affect me financially but I'm hoping to push through whatever happens.   He unfortunately has an enlarged prostate and for the last week has to wear a catheter in his penis.   It's very uncomfortable for him no matter whether he's standing or sitting.   So he likely won't be able to teach until he's able to remove the prostate.

My colonoscopy went okay.   We arrived an hour early thinking we could get the prep done sooner but other than sign a couple documents, I wound up having to wait a little over an hour before I was called.   They found two polyps, one of which was in my rectum, that they removed.   I was a little freaked out to hear I have diverticulosis of the large intestine though they say it's without perforation or abscess without bleeding.  I hope that means that it's not an immediate concern.    They also found I had non-bleeding hemorrhoids that were rated Grade 1, meaning internal hemorrhoids that do not prolapse.   I'll have to wait for the biopsy results to see what happens next.

Trina is dealing with some drama unfortunately.   When visiting Detroit over the 4th of July holiday, I found out that her husband Donovan was cheating on her for the last six years with a personal trainer that they both had used in the past.    At the time the affair begin, this person was 19 years old.   So freaking crazy.   Trina suspected his infidelity but only found out because Donovan was hysterically crying after finding out that he got the girl pregnant.    I feel bad for Trina especially when she mentioned confronting the lady at a local Walgreens and almost getting herself arrested.   I'm definitely disappointed but not surprised by Donovan's actions.   She wants to try and work things out though and thankfully they were able to make the girl get an abortion.

But homegirl is straight up stalking Donovan now.   Trina said that the girl drives by their home several times a day and keeps calling via burner phones.    It's a very scary situation.   I'm definitely keeping Trina in my prayers as she deals with this.

In happy news, today is Dom and my 1st wedding anniversary.   We overall are happy with each other.   We have our issues like every other marriage but we both sincerely care for each other and are there for one another.    As Dom would say, he's there until a "natural" death do us part...LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment