Thursday, December 16, 2021

When Will It Be Me?

 There have been quite a few of my former classmates who have successfully landed jobs in the Salesforce ecosystem.   It's been great seeing all this and it gives me hope that maybe I too can finally get a corporate job again.    But part of it has been frustrating.   I hate the interviewing process and it seems I have yet to find that right person who wants to give me a chance.

I had a decent Zoom interview with some folks at a local university.   Actually it sounded like a great opportunity to learn some new things and quickly make an impact.     And best of all I wouldn't have to drive on the days I go in the office.   I would be able to hop on the Southshore line and only walk a few feet to the office building.   So no driving...yay!    The other good thing is that all the team seems to be long-termers (meaning they've worked there for at least ten years or more).   For me that's a win since theoretically I have about 10 - 15 working years left in me before retirement and it would be nice to find a stable place to get through those years.    I'm waiting to see if I'll get extended an offer or get another rejection.   The whole process is frustrating.

However I believe I may have a tentative offer for a 12 week internship.   It won't happen until mid-February though so I'm still trying to find other options.    But if nothing pans out, it'll be good to have this to fall back on.   The caveat is I have no idea what company the internship would be with.    But if it goes well, they get the option to hire me full-time.

I have another potential interview next week before Christmas as well.   So I'm still searching for that next gig.   I hope one day it'll be my turn to say I found a job in the Salesforce ecosystem and I can say bye, bye, bye to the Amazon Warehouse.

In other news it's holiday time and I have a full driving schedule.    On Saturday Dom and I head outside of Indianapolis to see Ross's Christmas show.   Dom's starting to ask more questions about Ross which is fine.   I haven't gone as far as saying we had an interest in each other but I feel like Dom can read between the lines.   He's asked two or three separate times in the last week how we've met which I've explained several times.   I had to check myself not to snap at him when he asked the third time.  *LOL*.    We've had some crazy winds in our area and Amazon hit the news when a small warehouse in Edwardsville, IL had their roof get torn off and six employees lost their lives.    Thankfully the weather should be decent for our road trip.

Then I have to gear myself for traveling to Detroit before Christmas.    Eugene's actually traveling to Detroit tomorrow and for some reason he thought I was going at same time.   Hopefully we'll get to hang out but I'm not sure if it'll happen.    Also I don't know if he and his friend plan to hang out in Chicago for New Year's Eve.   I've hung out with them in the past but this year New Year's Day falls on my workday and I'm not sure if I get that off or not.     But if I do have to work, it's holiday pay....yay!

So my car will be put to the test once more.   Here's hoping everything goes well.   Stay tuned!

P.S. Jamie never did reach out to me as far as hanging out.   I have a whole different rant on that but I'll spare the details...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment