Saturday, May 6, 2023

Getting Physical


 I scheduled a doctor's appointment finally with a new primary care physician for 05/09.   It'll be my first physical in over 3 years.   I didn't have health insurance for a couple years prior to my new job last year.  So I'm definitely overdue.

My health has been on a rollercoaster.   I've been dealing with blood pressure issues for years and have been trying various methods to try and get it under control with mixed results.   I've managed to dodge blood pressure meds for the longest but fear now that I'm on the other side of 50, I may not have a choice. I had my issue with kidney stones a while back.   My knees seem to ache at random times.   Some days I can feel my whole body aching.   As Dom would say, welcome to the 50's.

I am looking forward to getting a physical done.   For better or worse, I need to know what's going on with me health wise.  I'll also be wanting to do some bloodwork, including testing for HIV and other STDs.   Even though I haven't had an active sex life (I do wish Dom was interested in sex), I did have that hot unprotected session back in March with Lansing Bae that I need to consider.    I also need to schedule a colonoscopy which I'm hoping I can get a referral from the new PCP.    I want to look into getting an anal pap smear since my last one was in 2017 during the tail end of my bout with HPV.   Not to mention a dental appointment and eye exam.   In short, I'm a hot mess!

It's nice to have health insurance again.   It's a necessary evil.

I also took the day off work to take care of my car as well.   It hit the 150K mile club a week or so back which means it's time for tire rotation (got new tires last year) and oil change.    I want to get the car tuned up for my road trip to visit Mitch that's coming up in another 12 days.   Though I'm debating if I should rent a car like I did the last time I visited Mitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment