Another summer is soon coming to an end. It's been a crazy one with Dom's health and court issues as well as the inclement weather that came through our region. I still need to get the solar battery backup, repair the roof, and cut back some of our tree branches. To top it off I need to get my old car for its annual maintenance, which is overdue. All of that requires money. My credit card debt has definitely creeped higher which I hate. I have to figure out how to prioritize everything.
I did apply for a hardship credit from work last Friday for $800 that I'm hoping they will decide to credit me for. That cost covers all the food expenses we had during and after the derecho storm. That was a crazy time especially with the back and forth of visiting Dom in the hospital. We've gotten some of the bills which actually weren't too bad so far but I'm waiting for the big one for Dom's overall hospital stay. I'm wondering too if we'll also get individual doctor bills as well. This will be in addition to the $607 a month we'll have to pay for his previous medical debt as agreed upon from our last court date.
I am getting a small bonus by the end of September, which right now I'm planning to allocate towards my credit card debt. On the positive the mortgage is inching closer and closer to being paid off. I'm anticipating paying it off either in Dec 2026 or Jan 2027 which is so exciting. It's a milestone I've been working towards for a few years now since I started my career's second act. I had originally targeted June or July of this year to have it paid off but life. Assuming I make the new goal that would put me completely paying it off around the ten year mark of my thirty year loan. It's so wild to pay off a 30 year mortgage in about ten years.
I haven't really been feeling like blogging lately but I wanted to post a quick entry since the month of September is almost half over. Time is really flying and it truly waits for noone. Till my next entry.
No comments:
Post a Comment