Monday, January 31, 2022

#Day1Jitters

Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go 



INTRO:

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Jitterbug

VERSE:

You put the boom-boom into my heart
You send my soul sky-high
When your lovin' starts
Jitterbug into my brain
Goes a bang-bang-bang
'Til my feet do the same
But something's bugging me
Something ain't right
My best friend told me
What you did last night
You left me sleeping in my bed
I was dreaming
But I should've been with you instead

REFRAIN:

Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high

Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high, yeah yeah


Omgosh.   Look at me.   5 blog entries in one month.   It's a tie for the most entries in a month matching October 2011 when I first created this blog.    I do miss my fellow bloggers that used to read this blog and my original blog.   The mid-2000's was definitely the season of blogging.   I honestly don't know how my former blogger cohorts found me let alone how I found folks.   We were quite a community and I still remember the first time I "came out" on my blog.   Omg I haven't thought about Vince in years.   He was one of many losers I've dated or attempted to date over the years.    But yes my blogger community was pretty cool.    We even got together and had a "blogger convention" in Baltimore.    So cool to meet other gay black male bloggers.    Though I can't forget my female supporters as well.    I do miss those days and wonder what everyone is doing now.    Maybe someday I'll find out.

Sigh...looking at my old blogs entries makes me realize I'm getting old.   Uggh.  I still can't believe I'll be turning 50 this October.   How time flies.  

But the reason for my post is that I'm about to embark on my new journey with my new job.   In another hour I'll begin my Day 1.   I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous as hell.   Those #Day1Jitters and imposter syndrome feelings are real.  But I'm hopeful everything will go fine.   Pretty much today and the rest of the week I'll be in multiple orientations.    I assume I'll meet my manager at minimum sometime today and he's supposed to tell me who I'm shadowing.    It's so weird to be doing everything remote (even though my one company I worked at for twenty years was the originator of working remote before the pandemic made working remote universal - except for us Amazon essential workers and other retail workers) and not meeting folks in person.   But when the day comes that I meet folks, our home base office is in Indianapolis and that's almost 3 hours from where I live.    So that'll be a fun commute but I'm hoping I won't have to do that often.   Also my company is looking to build a headquarters in Chicago sometime in 2023.   I'll definitely put my name on the list to make that my home office once it's complete.

Hello world... here I come!   This company is a good one (well as good as any corporate entity can be).   Also from my understanding it's hard to get a job here so the fact that I pulled it off in the sea of all my rejections (they rejected me as well for a few other roles earlier) is nothing short of amazing.    They have lots of accolades for being one of the best places to work and being the best place for LGBTQ individuals.   Here's hoping this is where I finish my career.    We shall see.   Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment