Friday, January 7, 2022

Stone's Throw

 Well it finally happened.   Everything that I've worked for to get myself back into the corporate world has taken place.    I officially accepted a job offer today.    I'll have to say that I didn't think this day would ever come.   As I've said in the past, interviewing is my Achille's heel.    I didn't feel like I really nailed my third round interview.    The one thing I felt like I had going for me was that my potential manager I felt like connected with me.    Whenever I felt like I stumbled with a panel question, he seemed to give me a second chance to answer.   All I needed was to find that one person that was willing to give me a shot.   I felt like he could've been that one.

After my panel interview I immediately knew I didn't get the job.   I sunk into a bit of a depression because I was hoping I would've nailed it.   I was so over interviewing as it's not my strongest suit.   Plus I had hoped to use a potential offer to go back with the local university I interviewed with last month.    I remembered that I didn't write a thank you note to my potential ally on the panel.    So that I did.

To my surprise I received an email from the recruiter telling me that he needed to give me a call.   I admit that gave me hope.   I couldn't imagine that he would call me if I wasn't going to receive an offer.  And I was right.   I signed a lot of electronic documents and pending I pass the background check, I can say that I officially got the job.   My official start date will be January 31st.

It only took 40 months to find my way back to corporate.   My Amazon Warehouse days are numbered.   And to boot I passed a stone this evening.   I'm hoping it's the only one.    Either way today was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment