Friday, April 1, 2022

No Fooling

It was seventeen years ago on this date that I posted my first blog entry ever.    I've had various peaks and valleys that happened during that time.   I'm so glad I had and still have an outlet where I can share my thoughts and my life experiences.    I do wonder when my time is up in this world if anyone in the future will come across my blogs and marvel over what's taken place.

I will likely not be famous.   If it hasn't happened in the first almost 50 years, I can't see that happening.   Since I don't have any children, other than a few friends and acquaintances, there will be nobody that will remember me.   Those memories will be gone once their time is up.    I won't go down in the history books so my name won't be uttered in anyone's mouth 200 years from now on April 1, 2222 (unless of course someone with my name is born in the future).    But how cool would it be to live in the year 2222, if man doesn't fuck up Earth completely and make themselves extinct.

They do say whatever you post on the Internet stays forever.   So my blogs are my own way of keeping my spirit alive for anyone that happens to randomly come across it in 2222 or any other far off year in the future.

In other news I participated in a food pantry volunteer event that my company took part in.    I hated the 2 1/2 hour drive but it was nice doing a project that helped folks in need.   It was sad especially seeing the kids.    Some of the kids needed to translate for their parent(s).   There was one family that I witnessed drove in with a Hummer and was getting groceries.   That kind of gave me pause but then even with that, who knows what the situation is.   They could've bought the Hummer and then lost their source of income.   It reminded me to not judge.    Just seeing all the poor families and folks put a lot of things in perspective.  Despite what life throws at me, I am extremely blessed in having a home, a good job (now), and as Dom likes to say 'food in our belly'.

I wound up driving straight back afterwards.   That was exhausting.   But I didn't want Dom being upset if I stayed overnight again.    Ross wasn't available to meet but I did try to meet up with a menses or two but of course nothing happened.   I did befriend one of those menses though and we've been chatting the last couple days.   If it leads to anything, stay tuned.

In regards to the job, even working at Amazon in their Warehouse was a blessing as a lot of folks would kill to have that.    I'm thankful to not be in a situation like in the Ukraine (or any other nations where it's not in the media because the U.S. has no special interests there) where millions are being evacuated from their homes due to Putin-led Russian forces bombing the area to take over.   I just can't imagine being displaced from your home and country.   I'm thankful not to lose our home due to a natural disaster like a fire, earthquake, or tornado.    Of course life has no guarantees.   Anything can and will happen.

I'm grateful too for my family still keeping it together.   I still miss Mom but am glad my Dad is hanging on.   Sadly he lost his only other living brother (my uncle) due to natural causes a few months ago.   Unfortunately the two brothers never reconciled their differences even though my Dad tried reaching out to him multiple times.   I'm not even sure what the exact issues were between them.   There was also a strain between his oldest brother and himself but they made up years before his oldest brother passed.    Amazingly my Dad and his two brothers all made it to their 90th birthdays.   That's almost unheard of with men, let alone black men and all the shit they've had to go through.

But yes I have a lot to be grateful for.    Who knew my anniversary post would end up being a 'gratitude post'.   LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment