Monday, May 23, 2022

Shut up Fido!

A lot of dog owners don't realize that when they have a dog not only do they have to deal with it, so do their neighbors.   Dom and I have the unfortunate pleasure of having next door neighbors that have a canine.   The Joneses, as I've come to nickname them, had a small terror when we first moved into our home back in 2016.    Terror #1 would yip and yap whenever one or both of us stepped out into the backyard.    Sadly it is in their nature.   Terror #1 died sometime in 2021 and for awhile I thought we were finally done with the nightmare.    It was crazy because for a period I was thinking something was up when I wasn't hearing Terror #1.   We got confirmation when Mrs. Jones told Dom about Terror 1's demise.   She said they were done with dogs but then came Terror #2 a few months later.   I notice he'll (I assume it's a he though it could be a she) start yapping even if I'm in the kitchen making dinner.   

Mind you that there's a fence separating our yard.   Terror #2 don't give a crap.  He'll just yap, yap, yap.  I'm tempted to buy a dog whistle to play to see if it'll shut him up.   He annoys me especially during the day when I'm working from home.  I wish we had central air but since we don't Dom insists on cracking all the old windows (bad screens and all) open.   That irritates me too but not much I can do about it.  Mr. Jones is literally outside almost the entire day in his yard during the spring and summer months.   So of course when he's outside, so is Terror #2.   I get to hear it all thanks to the windows being open.

As bad as Terror #2 is, we have an even worse dog living across the street from us.   I mostly blame the owner in this case.   This stupid lady has her dog walking all across everyone's lawns in the immediate vicinity and then lets it pee or poop where ever w/o a care in the world.    And don't be outside when they are walking, the stupid beast will be yelping and ready to attack.    There's an empty field area literally across the street from her that she can take her beast to relieve itself but she chooses to let it do its business in a random neighbor's grass.   If Dom and I didn't hate dogs so much, we'd get our own dog and have it come in front of their house and pee on their lawn and see how they like it.   

I guess things can always be worse.  It becomes more apparent when the weather gets warmer.  Also the Joneses like to entertain in their backyard.   Some of their invitees become annoying especially when they decide to park on our lawn, which is apparently a Gary, Indiana thing.   I'm so tempted to throw some nails in the lawn to see how they like a flat tire or two.   I'm so over the neighbors sometimes.   I was cracking up one year when Mrs. Jones told me that it's nice that we're in a quiet neighborhood.   I wanted to tell her 'quiet for whom, with all your noisy family and friends and Terrors'.   It's not limited to them either.   When Dom and I walk along the block, no less than a dozen dogs in the neighborhood start their familiar chorus of yelps.   Uggh!

Don't even get me started on Fourth of July which apparently is not limited to the day in question.  I already told you about the drama last year with kids and fireworks.   Dom and I talk about moving to the country just to get away from the crazy folks.   I can't believe I lived 16 years in a townhome when I think of the nightmare that was my asshole closeted gay neighbor.    He was a chain smoker with two little yappers that would proceed to want to attack whenever I ran into them outside.   I was so glad to get the hell out of there to get away from him and some of the racist neighbors.   I guess the Joneses and crazy lady across the street are tame in comparison.   At least I'm a single minority as opposed to a double...*LOL*.

No comments:

Post a Comment