Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Doll Mania

Dom is getting on my nerves again with his doll obsession.    He's wanting to renege on the initial Thanksgiving plans he initially suggested and I agreed with.    In my last post I mentioned how the plan he discussed was him driving us visit his parents Wednesday morning and stay there until Thanksgiving.   Then we would drive back home and then early Friday morning I would drive to Detroit and stay until Saturday morning.

I thought it was a good idea and I told my sisters about our plans.   So now Dom is saying he doesn't feel like going anywhere and just wants to stay home.   I told him that I thought the plans were solid and actually fair as I thought I would have to do all the driving.   So now he's suggesting only visiting his family on Thanksgiving and then he wants me to drive to Detroit and back the same day.   Mind you Detroit is about 3 1/2 to 4 hours (depending on how fast you drive) each way.

I'm of course objecting to the idea.   I was planning to have us stay in a hotel overnight since I thought it would be easier for the both of us instead of staying with Trina.    So then he says it's a waste of money to stay at a hotel for one night.    He has the nerve talking about wasting money considering all the money he wastes on his hobby.

Then I find out the real reason he wants to stay home.   Apparently there are some dolls that are going on sale Saturday morning and he wants to be home so he can buy them.    He gets paid this Friday and he's already talking about spending all his money.   Then he has the gall to complain about me paying for a hotel.   I told him that I was paying for it anyway so I didn't understand his concern.   Then he said "I don't care".   Considering how he chooses to waste his money, it annoys me that he's harping on a hotel expense for one night.   It's beneficial for me mostly because I don't want to have to spend 8 hours on the road in 24 hours.   If I was in my 20's or 30's, I wouldn't have a problem.   But I just don't have the energy or desire to want to do that.

He then suggested he stay home so I can stay longer with sisters.   But I already told my sisters he was coming as well and he'll leave me with the bag of explaining why he's not there.   Of course he'll come off being the bad guy in my sisters' eyes but I'm not trying to go there.

His laptop currently has an issue where it can't fold up properly without breaking the laptop.   So he won't be able to bring his laptop to spend all his money on dolls.   I believe that's the underlying issue.  I swear some days I wonder if I could turn back the clock and not have met Dom.   But I know that's not possible and at the end of the day, I do love him and despite a few annoyances, I can't imagine my life without him.

I'm hoping we can come to some kind of agreement.   We have another day or so to discuss.  Fun times.

1 comment:

  1. We wound up driving to and from the Detroit the same day getting home just before midnite. He was awake the entire ride at least. It does feel good being home though.

    ReplyDelete