Saturday, January 28, 2023

Reflections Of

 The Supremes - Reflections


Through the mirror of my mind

Time after time

I see reflections of you and me

Reflections of

The way life used to be

Reflections of

The love you took from me

Oh I'm all alone now

No love to shield me

Trapped in a world

That's a distorted reality.

Happiness you took from me

And left me all alone

With only memories


I celebrate my one year work anniversary on January 31st.  I'm amazed at how fast time has flown.  Is it possible to have hate for some aspects of the job but also to be grateful for it?   It sounds like a contradiction but it's the feeling that I have for my current role.   I deal with a variety of customers from various walks of life and it can be stressful trying to come up with answers to issues that they face. 

 This week I was assigned as the primary for Severity 1 cases.   These are those cases where customers have issues that they deem to have major showstopping impacts to their business.   There are extra eyes of these cases by management who wants you to immediately reach out to the customer or sometimes multiple customers.    You have to be the voice of reason to all the craziness while at the same time researching and confirming on the issue.   Plus you still have to make your weekly case closure goals and assist other cases.   Needless to say it's been a stressful week.

My company now is also requiring employees to return to the office.   Starting in February, we'll have to commute to the office twice a week.   My home office as I mentioned is based in Indianapolis, IN which is almost 3 hours from me.    There's a smaller satellite office in Chicago with a smaller support group.   The company is in the final phase of building a new bigger location in the city that will be ready sometime in May.    

At first my manager was saying that I would have to commute to Indianapolis.  But thankfully she came around to me going to Chicago instead.   It so happens one of my fellow students from my Salesforce class also got a job at my company and works in Chicago.   So at least I will know one person.   Hopefully I can do some networking and get a position in the Chicago area.

My commute to Chicago will be a lot easier with me only having a 20 minute drive to the train station and then an hour train ride.    It would take about two hours to get to Chicago with the travel and wait time for the train but it's an easier commute than the more than 2 1/2 hour road trip to Indianapolis.   I would still visit the Indianapolis location once a month but that'll be less intense than having to travel there twice a week.

I admit I was getting spoiled having the ability to mostly work from home as opposed to having to drive to Amazon.   But I'll adapt.  That's what I've had to do all my life.

And actually we've had to go once a week starting this month.   I wound up making an appointment to a medical care facility in downtown Chicago that specializes in improving your breathing.  I've been using a CPAP machine since 2015 and would love to find an alternative way to get off it.    Commuting there would make it easier for me to make future appointments.   Since my initial appointment, I've been prescribed to do a nightly nose cleansing and Flonase.   I have noticed that I'm not blowing my nose as much since I've been doing it.   Even though during my initial consultation I was told I had the narrowest nasal passages they've ever seen in their years of seeing patients (basically it's a miracle I'm alive and could use a CPAP...*LOL*), I'm hopeful that I can get off my CPAP and sleep easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment