Sunday, January 1, 2023

Share My World

 Mary J. Blige - Share My World


VERSE 1:
Boy if you stay I'll always make sure
That you look to see a brighter day
Don't let our loving slip away
The things you do, they always make me feel
Like there's no one else but you
Promise you'll be true
Always

REFRAIN:
Share my world
Don't you leave
Promise I'll be here
Whenever you need me near
Share my world
Don't you leave
Promise I'll be here
So baby don't you have no fear

Happy New Year everyone!   I'm blessed to make it through another year.  I spent it hanging out with Trina.   We toasted it with some Rum Chata liqueur mixed with her fave Hennessey.    We almost missed the countdown simultaneously watching a Netflix docuseries called the Tinder Swindler and dozing off (getting old sucks...*LOL*).    But it sure beats how I spent New Year's Eve into New Year's last year.   I'm assuming Tasha will stop by at some point on New Year's Day for us to hang out and do our Christmas Exchange before I head back home.   I plan though to treat myself to a mini-vacation staying overnight in Battle Creek so I can do some gambling at Firekeepers before going home.   It's the little things, right?

So since I didn't go to Detroit for Christmas and the weather somewhat was better on Boxing Day, I along with Dom met an old friend of mine that I haven't seen in quite some time.   It was her first time meeting Dom as well.   She and I befriended each other way back in 2005 or 2006 via our blogs.   She had a relationship blog that she co-wrote with a male counterpart and went by the moniker no_the_game.   I remember we met in person for the first time in downtown Oak Park, IL and had lunch at a Vietnamese place that may or may not still be in business.  

Anyway no_the_game and I had a great time and kept in touch sporadically over the next decade or so.  She's a recent divorcee with an adorable 8-year old trying to navigate through her new normal.

I was so happy we got to hang out.  No_the_game and Dom got along pretty well and they were both talking up a storm which was cool.   So when Dom found out we knew other via blogging, he asked me later on if I would share some of my writing with him.   I admit it threw me off.    My blog in a lot of ways is like a diary (even though it's slightly more public depending on who stumbles upon it).   I don't use real names but anyone who stumbles upon it and reads a few entries would figure out who I was talking about.   Perhaps when I'm older and not as concerned about what folks think I may be more open.   But I'm not ready to give him a link to either of my blogs yet.

I may cut and paste an entry though for him and email it to him.   That way he can get access to some of my writing without getting the whole she-bang.   Fun times.


No comments:

Post a Comment