Saturday, July 8, 2023

Litterbugs

Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go




INTRO:

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Jitterbug
Jitterbug

VERSE:

You put the boom-boom into my heart
You send my soul sky-high
When your lovin' starts
Jitterbug into my brain
Goes a bang-bang-bang
'Til my feet do the same
But something's bugging me
Something ain't right
My best friend told me
What you did last night
You left me sleeping in my bed
I was dreaming
But I should've been with you instead

REFRAIN:

Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high

Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not planning on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high, yeah yeah

I've definitely been in a blogging mood these days.    I'll see if this keeps up.   Today's blog is a historical first for me.    It's the first time I've used the same song lyrics in two different posts that I'm aware of.   The last time I referenced Wham's Jitterbug (well...I mean Wake Me Up Before You Go Go) was in one of my January 2022 posts where I was nervously anticipating Day 1 at my not so new job.   It'll officially be 18 months I've been working there when the end of July hits.   Despite the stress I am so grateful to have a decent wage and I am on track to officially pay off all of my credit card debt with my next payment this month.   I'm so excited to hit that milestone and will be working to tackle the mortgage next.    My goal with the mortgage is to ideally pay it off within three years.   I don't have an exact date but I'm hoping sometime in 2026 to completely pay it off (and that's assuming life doesn't kick me in the butt to derail those plans).

So today's entry will be of a rant nature.   It's about the damn litterbugs that are among us.   I don't get people who feel like the Earth grounds is their personal dumping grounds.   I see it when I drive, idiots that toss their cigarette butts out the window.    It's okay for them to pollute their bodies with nicotine but heaven forbid they have to clean up the ashtray in their car.    I see garbage whenever I walk anywhere in town.      Worse there are idiots that dump their trash in front of our house.   The one that makes me scratch my head is the bottles of liquor that I'll occasionally find right near the grassy area by my garage.   I don't know if it's haters that are living in the apartment complex a few blocks down.   There is a liquor store near the main part of town.    Are these idiots buying some vodka and just drinking it on the way back to their apartments and then they just happen to finish it near our home and dump the bottle there?    Is it some idiot driver that is throwing garbage out the window as they speed their way down the block?

Dom and I live in a corner home on our block.   It's a blessing and a curse.   The good part is we only have one neighbor to the left of us.    There's a home across the street but it's mostly vacant.   There's a gentlemen that periodically checks on the house but noone is living there full time.   But the bad part is when idiots throw their garbage, it usually makes its way to our area.     It pisses me off everytime I head out and there's a lovely piece of garbage that is floating somewhere on the lawn.    It makes me hate people all over again.   I wish these idiots weren't such litterbugs.   Sure the garbage has to ultimately go to a landfill somewhere but that doesn't give these idiots the right to just toss the garbage anywhere.    What is wrong with people?   The list, no doubt, will be too long.

Speaking of idiots, unfortunately one of our neighbors was affected by another neighbor idiot the evening of the 4th.   Some idiot was blowing fireworks (which no doubt provides more litter) in the area and the sparks from one of them burned down the neighbor's garage.   Dom and I were in bed that night and from my window I was seeing red flashing lights from the fire department.   Normally the lights disappear but these lingered.    I got up and saw there was a scene on the block with several fire trucks and other folks lingering around watching the chaos unfold.

I tried to watch it from the mud room but we have a bunch of trees that provide nice privacy but was blocking most of what was going on.   I wasn't about to go outside to see what was happening.  I eventually went to bed and then walked around the block the next morning to see the neighbor's garage burned down.    Apparently the neighbor had a bunch of tools and furniture there.   There's already a GoFundMe account that was set which I donated to but I'm hoping the neighbor had insurance on the home that would cover repairs.    The good thing is that noone was injured but I hope they can find the idiots who did it and make them pay.

Gotta love America...LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment