Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Speak On It Uncle Walter



Youtube can take you on quite a few rabbit holes when wandering from video to video.  I'm usually listening to 80's and 90's music.   One of the variations that I enjoy is the slowed down version of songs.   It brings new life to older songs and sometimes I prefer the slowed version over the original.   There's slow versions of songs from various artists like En Vogue, Brownstone, Toni Braxton, TLC, Joe, and even Whitney.   All the videos I linked were created by user Slowed Down RNB.   You should check out their videos and open yourself up to a new take on music.

Every so often I subscribe to random individuals who have post videos on different topics.   A few months back I started watching videos by a gentleman from the ATL area named Walter Lee Hampton.   He's actually been posting various videos for more than a decade.   He's a handsome older body builder type gay brother that I actually think of as my imaginary "gay uncle".   A gay uncle I'd like to fuck and fuck me.   Would that be a Unc-ILF?   LOL.    He's only a couple years older than me though.

But besides his physique I'm drawn to his no-nonsense approach that he has to various issues in life.  As I mentioned before he's based out of Atlanta and he speaks on the various aspects of living there.  Some of my favorite segments are his "Welcome to NiggaVille" posts.   A lot of what he says is the truth.   In one of his "Welcome to NiggaVille" posts, he talks about how single black women with kids are responsible for the destruction of the black race.    Obviously it takes two to tango (a man and woman) but he points out how many of the single mothers have multiple baby daddies'.   A lot of the baby daddies' don't take care of their kids so the single moms have to juggle working to bring home the bacon along with caring for their multiple kids.   In the end the kids are raising themselves and there's no consequences if they get in trouble.

In another video from that same series, he talks about how his former brother-in-law plotted to rob him when he was in his early 20's.   It was only because his sister warned him about it and implored him to move to another apartment that he wasn't completely robbed.    He points out how jealous so-called friends get when they see that you're successful.    They smile in your face but all the time they're wanting to knock you down a peg.    It's so sad but true.  It's why I usually keep any successes to myself as well.

In my case there were times I would keep my success even from my sisters.   I was always afraid of them being jealous of what I accomplished.   It didn't help that my parents were vocal with how they favored me over Tasha and Trina.   The issues stemmed from that nearly tore us apart.   It wasn't until recent years that we've addressed it.   I do acknowledge that my parents did favor me (mostly because I was the only son).   So part of me didn't want to throw in my sisters faces that I went on this trip or that trip when they weren't able to afford doing so at the time.   

I've also had so-called friends that I trusted that I found out talked about me behind my back.   It's why I don't really have a lot of friends.   I definitely could relate to Uncle Walter's story.

In a more recent video, Uncle Walter talks about an Atlanta man who was charged with knowingly infecting his wife with HIV.    Sadly she died of complications from AIDS.   She suffered for years with cancer and was even briefly in remission.   The doctors though didn't realize that she had the HIV virus until it had advanced.   It truly is a sad story and I agreed with Walter that the hospital should share some liability for not testing her a lot sooner where medicines may have prevented her death.   

But in that same thread, I also disagreed with Walter on his point that we should always take our medicines and trust the doctors.   While doctors do have more knowledge (generally), it's important that we as patients do our own research as well when it comes to medications.    He doesn't understand why black folks are so against taking medication.   But you only have to go back in history to look at how the medical establishment mistreated black folks.    There's the Tuskegee Syphilis Study where black men were not given treatment for syphilis when it was learned that penicillin cured it.    In addition there's studies that show that black women are not believed by doctors when they try to describe symptoms.    Black folks in general aren't treated as well as their white counterparts.    Plus a lot of the medicines today have so many side effects.   Is it a wonder that blacks as a whole may not be as trusting?

One of Uncle Walter's first videos that I saw related to Tyler Perry and if he is a self-hating homosexual.   I didn't realize that Tyler and Walter ran in the same social circles back in the day before Tyler blew up.    And he became famous with some of the stupidest shows that truly reduce brain cells anytime you watch it.   As Uncle Walter pointed out, part of the reason Tyler has blown up is that there wasn't a lot of programming at the time that depicted black folks.   Unfortunately everything that Tyler presents depicts the worst stereotypes in our community.   Uncle Walter also couldn't believe how Tyler bragged about having no writers involved in all his scripts.   Wouldn't he want to hire other black folks or any writers really that could offer additional perspectives and perhaps improve the scripts?   But then again maybe he doesn't trust anyone and wants to keep it to himself.    But why brag about it?

I am definitely a fan of Uncle Walter.   He has a lot of wisdom that he shares on almost the daily.   He did mention at one point discontinuing the channel and focusing on health related videos.   But I'm hoping that he doesn't.    He has a lot of wisdom to offer and if nothing else he should leave his older videos so that future subscribers can appreciate him as well.   I look forward to watching more of his videos in the future and definitely wish him well in all his endeavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment