Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A Third Look

 Fate has a funny way of making things happen.    I remember it was the summer of 2005 and I connected with one of many guys on a social networking site.   One of them was a guy named Anthony that lived in the Hyde Park area of Chicago.   Anthony mentioned having some community social group for black gay men that he was facilitating and he wanted me to come by to meet him during one of the meetings.   

I, of course, was living in the west burbs of Chicago so the trek took a bit but I agreed to meet him.   It was on a Saturday afternoon and if you've ever been to Hyde Park, parking is next to impossible to find.   But I did manage to find a spot and then made my way to the community center.

Anthony and I exchanged hellos and I believe I stayed for the meeting.  I remember some of the other guys trying to hit on me but I was not interested.    I also really wasn't feeling Anthony.   His voice was a bit more feminine than I liked and while I liked bigger guys, he had an odd shape that didn't resonate with me.   Needless to say we never met again after that day.

Fast forward to the fall of 2021, over 16 years later, and I wind up meeting Anthony again.   I did not know it was him but we had chatted on another social networking site and agreed to meet at his place (now in the Southwest burbs of Illinois).   It was a Sunday evening and I was just coming home from a long day at Amazon.   I was obviously beat from my long day but I was horned up.   I needed to shower and freshen up.   Dom was fast asleep and I made sure not to disturb him.

It was a bit of an adventure getting to him.  Apparently his street continued into another burb and I wound up going to that burb by mistake and hitting a dead end and alerting a cop that was parked on the dead end.    The cop flashed his light in my car and asked me where I was going.    I quickly explained the address and he confirmed I was in the wrong part of town and gave me directions on where to go.

Anthony and I were exchanging messages and he gave me his phone number.  We started chatting and I didn't realize it was him but I remember not feeling his voice.   But I still made my way to his place.   When he opened the door I was surprised to see it was the Anthony from way back in 2005.   He gave no indication of remembering me.

He let me in.   We sat for a bit and I still wasn't sure I wanted to hook up with him.   But he made a point that since I was at his place, we might as well give it a go.   So we did.   And OMG I remember the sex was great.   He fucked the hell out of me and we were very passionate.   He was very nice offering me a water afterwards and we chatted for a minute before we eventually parted ways.

He wanted to meet with me again but since he knew I was with Dom, he wanted me to tell him about us.   That freaked me out and I told him we couldn't meet again.   I regretted that decision as I realized that he was right in that I needed to be honest with Dom.   Now Dom and I had talked about me being able to have extra-curricular activities when out of town but I didn't feel comfortable telling him about potential conquests.   So the thought of doing so was not something I wanted to do.

So two weeks ago I noticed Anthony was checking out my profile but not saying anything.   We did a bit of cat and mouse but we're chatting again.   So it's our third time around the block.    We decided we'd give it a go after the New Year.   I do plan on telling Dom about him this time.

I'm at the point now I just want to find a couple guys to have regular relations with and limit my interactions on the social sites which are full of fake folks.  I don't know how much time I have left and want to have a regular sex life before I lose it.

As far as who the other guys could be, the top of my list of course is Midas.   The only issue with Midas is that he lives on the Northside of Chicago so he would be a bit of a ride to get to him.   Plus I need to verify that he'd still want to hook up with me.   Our last time was on New Year's Day 2011.   We do have a playful banter but would it go beyond that.

I also recently reconnected with Doug.   I had blocked him last year sometime because he kept playing a game of cat and mouse.   He would suggest a meeting time and then pull a disappearing act on that day.   It got old so I distanced myself from him.   He had my cellphone number though so I hoped that he would text me but he never did.

In a moment of weakness I unblocked him on social media and we started chatting again.   I even suggested that he could come over to help Dom and I rearrange our kitchen area as a chance to meet Dom.   But when I suggested a possible date, he did not respond to me.   I thankfully did not tell Dom about the possible date.   He later pulled the same trick with suggesting a time to meet up for fun and then disappearing.  He later claimed that something happened with work.

It's so frustrating why he acts this way as we've met dozens of times before and we've had a great time.  He claims that he hasn't hooked up with anyone since me which I don't believe.   I would think that would be all the more reason to make an effort.    I feel like an imbecile wasting my time with him again.

I'm thankful that I'm not someone that needs lots of sex.   I would be okay with having regular "coitus" (thank you Big Bang Theory...LOL) once or twice a week.   I guess it's a good thing I don't need more since I imagine I would not be with Dom if that was the case.

Hemingway we'll see what happens.  To tide me over till Anthony and I plan a meet, I will be meeting a random hottie on route to visiting my sisters for the holiday weekend.    We'll see if it happens though.  Uggh...men, why do I still need them?  Can't live with them, can't live without them.   LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I did wind up meeting with random hottie on 12/21. It was a hot session but only thing is this person did not want me to wear a condom and kept reassuring that he's on Prep and had a clean bill of health. I still do not understand the trend towards no condoms.

    ReplyDelete