Wednesday, April 10, 2024

It's A Solar Eclipse

 


Universal Appeal - The Misfits


VERSE:
It's a total eclipse, the moon's overtaking the sun
It's a total eclipse, you're coming to grips
You'll be left in the shadows when I get done
For I got...

REFRAIN:
Universal Appeal (Universal Appeal)
Universal Appeal (Universal Appeal)
Hailey's Comet has nothing on me
(Nothing Nothing)
I'm the brightest star in the galaxy

Universal Appeal (Universal Appeal)
Universal Appeal (Universal Appeal)
I keep growing bigger each day
Soon I'm gonna outshine the Milky Way

BRIDGE:
In My Own Mind's Eye
I am the Sky
So why should I be shy
When I've Got

OUTRO:
(I've Got) Universal Appeal
I've Got (Universal Appeal)
I've Got (Universal Appeal)
I've Got (Universal Appeal)
I've Got Universal Universal Appeal


The media has definitely made the biggest deal out of the Solar Eclipse that took place on 04/08.   The only story that was on repeat was the various outlets filming the moments live as the Solar Eclipse events played out throughout various parts of the country.   

It was crazy seeing people make their way to various paths where they were expected the path of totality to take place.   I was glad I didn't have to commute to Indianapolis since that was one of the spots of totality.

My neck of the woods was indirectly in the path but nonetheless we did experience a bit of darkness as the moon overtook the sun.   Dom decided to stay home since he anticipated the kids would be extra nutty as a lot of area schools were doing various things to encourage the kids to watch the eclipse.

I will say that it was a bit surreal to see the eclipse in action.   It does remind us that there are bigger things at play than all the crazy crap we deal with on a daily basis.    And perhaps that's the whole point.  Just like The Misfits song above, this post is short and sweet.   Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment