Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Life's Journey

 June 7th would've been my parents' 53rd wedding anniversary.    Technically it still is.   Sadly my Dad is continuing to decline.   He's basically suffering from dementia and has to constantly be watched.   Thankfully he hasn't turned violent but watching him has been exhausting Trina.   I do plan on visiting him on Father's Day.   I don't know what his state of mind will be.

I had a full day today as well on this my parent's anniversary.   I went to my company's downtown Chicago headquarters this morning.   They were having an event at their headquarters later that day.   I also got to meet one of my fellow Salesforce Pathfinder classmates for the first time in person.   I was hoping to meet one of the founders of the program but she was working from home.   But my classmate and I wound up going to the networking event.   We really didn't do much networking though and only managed to stay about 15 minutes before bailing.  *LOL*.

Working downtown Chicago marked the first time I worked there since September 2018.  I actually didn't know I could do so till last week.   So now I'm planning to work from there at least once a month.   Today was crazy crowded in the office as well which I didn't care for.   Plus everything now is "open seating" which means that you can hear every conversation that's going on around you.  I hate it.  I miss the olden days (guess I am old after all...*LOL*) where we had tall cubes for office space.   The cubes along with the white noise cancelled out a lot of the office noise.   Plus it gave you more privacy.  Despite all the distractions I actually had a semi-productive day which was a good thing.

I am hoping though that next month it won't be as crowded when going to the office.   I do like the commute to the Chicago location much better than my commute to the Indianapolis location for sure.   At least I can be relaxed on the train as opposed to stressed in traffic.   And I'm getting much needed exercise walking to the office in Chicago which I desperately need.

Needless to say I'm pretty bushed.  But I did want to record the moment since it was a bit historical.

No comments:

Post a Comment