Monday, June 6, 2022

It's Fun To Stay At The...

 Y.M.C.A - The Village People


Verse 1:

Young man, there's no need to feel down
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy

Young man, there's a place you can go
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

Refrain:

It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A
It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.

They have everything for you men to enjoy
You can hang out with all the boys

It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A
It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.

You can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal
You can do whatever you feel

A place where they have everything men can enjoy and you can hang out with other men?   A place where there's many ways to have a good time and you can do whatever you feel.   Hmm.   It sounds like a gay man's paradise...*LOL*.  I'm not sure if it wasn't intentional or not but the Village People were definitely homoerotic and songs like YMCA and Macho Man didn't help quell that image.   Plus the Leather Man would fit in perfectly at International Men of Leather.   I'm just saying.

Speaking of the YMCA, our local YMCA is where Dom and I finally made it to last Saturday.   I was briefly lamenting last month that I needed to get myself to the gym.   It so happens that YMCA has multiple chapters throughout the United States where members can go workout.   Today's YMCA is not just for men either as women are also allowed to join as well.    I'm curious if men can work out at a YWCA.   According to this YWCA website, the answer is yes, men are invited to come on in and get fit.

So we were able to get memberships at our local Y.   The good thing is that I should be able to get reimbursed from my company for the monthly membership fee.   And thankfully we were able to waive the $30 joiner fee thanks to a summer promo they were having.   Now I just have to motivate myself to go to the gym a few days a week (most likely after work).   Dom says he'll go possibly during the early morning hours now that he's out of school.  I do hope he does so as well.    We definitely need to motivate each other to get moving.    We did walk around our local trail a few hours ago for a little over an hour so that was positive.

I weighed myself a few days ago and was shocked that my weight was a few pounds away from 190.   I haven't been close to that heavy since the mid-90s.   I for sure need to work my way back to 180 and then my ultimate goal of 170.    It's a work in progress for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment