Saturday, June 25, 2022

Working It Out Again

 Well I finally done did it.  I decided to get my black ass off the couch and mosey it into the gym.    I was lamenting last month about how I've gained weight and had a hard time motivating myself to work out.   Dom and I did finally take a step in the right direction by registering at our local Y.     But we both struggled to make it there afterwards.

So Dom decided to spend his 58th birthday on Friday night hanging out at a local leather bar celebrating with friends.   I chilled at home and told myself at some point that I would choose today to get my butt to the gym in the morning no matter what.    So that's what I did.

I got there a little after 7am and was surprised to see a number of cars already there.   Today marked my first time in a gym in nearly four years.    It felt a bit surreal but it felt like I was home.   I made my way to a row of elliptical machines and acquainted myself with the second one from the left end.   There was a guy on an elliptical near the right end having a loud conversation with someone working out on a bike in front of him.

I started working out and a few folks sprinkled in here and there.   I definitely was pushing through my workout the best way I knew how.   It was hard considering I hadn't been on an elliptical in awhile.   I was miffed too because I forgot my I-Pod but I told myself that I would have to imagine the music in my head.   It was hard doing so with the other people there.

Then I got super annoyed when I was nearing the 30 minute mark and this older gentlemen decides to hop on the elliptical right next to me.   I was thinking there's at least four machines separating me and the loud guy who just was wrapping up his set and getting off.    But yet he chose to go to the one next to me.   Aren't we still in COVID times (even though noone including myself is really wearing masks that much anymore) and shouldn't he stay six feet away from me?   Maybe I was being cruised...nice to know I still got it.  *LOL*.   Thankfully I only had another 16 minutes left.  

Just as I was finishing up another guy came up to chat with him.  I got off and went to get a towel and spray to wipe my machine off.   I explored the rest of the gym and then went to the restroom to wash my face.   I got home and Dom was still sleeping in the recliner in the living room.   He had gotten home around 3am and was tired.

I'm going to attempt and go back on Monday.   I want to try to go closer to 6am so I can be home closer to 7am when I start my workday.    I'm realizing going early is probably the best thing for me.   Since I've started this job, I've had a hard time finding time to take a decent break.   

I'm hoping too that my going may help motivate Dom to go.   One positive...Dom has been keeping with his promise to work on cleaning out his doll room and reorganizing things around the house.   So at least he's getting some exercise doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment