Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Hodge Podge

 I stumbled across a YouTube channel that I used to watch on the regular in the mid 2010's.   They were a pair of sexy physically fit twins named Keith and Kevin Hodge born in Virginia.   They started their original channel to try and see if they could supplement their income while both were working as insurance agents.    Things quickly took off for them and it wasn't long before the money they made off Youtube was enough for them to quit their jobs and do their channel full-time.



Most of their early work comprised of answering "viewer" letters that they received asking them for advice on various topics like Friends With Benefits, Getting Your Partner To Go Downtown, or Signs Your Partner is Cheating.   Their videos would start with antics where Keith will initially be sitting alone on camera on the right-hand side background and Kevin will slowly appear on camera, primping and posing and starting off the topic before Keith would leap up in front and playfully shove Kevin aside saying "Move out the way" before he starts primping and posing himself and eventually tag-teaming with Kevin on the given topic.   Some of their older videos which I can't find anymore they used to actually read the letters and at the end Keith would always say "but you can do whatever the fuck you wanna do".    I loved hearing them talk about "mushroom tips" and "getting in sugar walls".

I definitely enjoyed watching their antics and while both are hot, I had more of an attraction to Keith.   He was the more serious of the two twins and maybe that's what appealed to me.    Both were big on fitness and also had various fitness videos as well both on their channel and as guests on other Youtube fitness channels.   They also for a time made various food videos where they review items from various restaurants.

Anyway they got so big that they started scheduling comedy shows and selling merchandise.   I never did attend any of them and I remember stopping watching them after they started showing their "conversative side".

Apparently they lost a large number of their viewers once they did so.   I was also dismayed to learn that they are Donald Trump fans.   I just can't imagine anyone with a brain supporting him.   Plus it seems like a lot of their posts are on attacking trans folk.    They come across as ignorant during those times.

But I do feel like a lot of it is that people will root for their team no matter what.   In their case since they consider themselves conservative, they'll support Trump no matter what.   The same happens on the other side as well.   I know growing up we were raised to support liberal no matter what.   The Hodge Twins were no exception as black men growing up in a liberal family.   But somewhere along the way they decided that their opinions lean more on the conservative side.   

I will say that I have found that I have some conservative values.   I do believe in individualism in the sense that I believe in relying on myself to make things better.   At the same time though I do know sometimes folks may need a helping hand.   I just don't like it if people abuse the system (whether they receive welfare instead of betting themselves or get to shield the majority of their riches from being taxed and not helping those in need).   Also a person's individualism should not infringe on any other person's rights.   

But getting back to the Hodge twins.  I actually do find their videos to be entertaining.   Even though they tend to harp on the negative stereotypes of black folks, they do sometimes seem to try and apply logic in trying to understand the other side of things.   For example they drew a conclusion that if a trans woman "tricked" them into having sex, they would not consider themselves to be gay since they were attracted to the feminine aspects of the person.   I also agree with them that trans women (though I wonder how they feel about trans men) should not trick straight guys into having sex with them.   I do get that they are attracted to straight men but I feel that honesty is the best policy.   If a guy doesn't want them because they are trans, they have to move on to the next.   I've had to learn that lesson with gay guys that weren't attracted to me so that should be the same with trans.

I think for me what I most like about the Hodge twins is that it's cool seeing how they both interact with each other.   They are brothers in every sense of the word.   They joke around with each other and have an inside language all their own.   They seem to balance each other out too.   Kevin is the mellow jokester to Keith's stern serious nature.

I always remember wishing I had a twin growing up.   I feel like my life would've been more interesting.   I do wonder if my twin would be a carbon copy of me or if he would be completely opposite of me.   

Seeing the Hodge twins interact fulfills that fantasy for me.  I do believe that is their main appeal even if on the underlying level I do not agree with a lot of what they say.    Needless to say I'll still occasionally watch their videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment