Sunday, March 17, 2024

A Third Look Revisited

Almost three months ago I blogged about a past hookup named Anthony who I first met in 2005 and hooked up with in 2021 and again reconnected for a third time with, online at least.   We promised to meet up sometime in 2024 for another hookup.   Well that promise finally took place last Friday on 03/15.   

I decided to take the 15th off since I made the 2 1/2 hour minimum trek to Indianapolis on the 14th for a work related quarterly townhall.   The car trip of course was the most arduous part of the day.   It was a mostly rainy morning though thankfully things cleared up by the time I arrived.

It seemed a lot of the newer folks were excited to see me.  It felt a bit surreal to have all this attention on me since I like to stay out of the spotlight.   I also found out that our townhall was not taking place in a conference room but rather at the Gainbridge Fieldhouse, home of the NBA's Indianapolis Pacers and the WNBA's Fever teams.

The stadium is about half a mile from our corporate office so the team all walked over.   It was my first time inside the stadium.   The townhall mostly featured lady trailblazers within the company talking about their various journeys at the company.   There was also a slide featuring those who were promoted in the last quarter.    I saw my name on the big screen which was pretty cool to see.   At the end of the event we all got to take a group photo with one of the speakers and then we walked back to our office.

It just so happened that it was Pi Day so as part of that day, there were pizza pies available to all the floors for everyone to take part in.   So at least lunch was taken care of.

I wound up staying a bit late to help one of my mentees on a particularly challenging case.   I was glad I decided to take that Friday off.

So I noticed that Anthony stared at my "social networking" profile earlier that week without responding.  Since I decided to take the day off on the 15th, I thought it would be good to reach out to him.   But on Wednesday I started to experience the head cold symptoms that I managed to mostly avoid while Dom was still dealing with congestion.   I wanted to message Anthony to let him know ahead of time that I took the day off.   But I didn't know how I would feel by that day so I opted not to.

I told myself that I had to go Thursday to Indianapolis regardless since I didn't want to make it seem like I was avoiding the trip.   I pretty much was sniffling and blowing my nose most of that day.

I was feeling stuffy come Friday morning but I still wanted to see if I could meet Anthony since I wasn't sure how soon I'd have another free day.   I went back and forth though on messaging, reverting back to my high school days.   I didn't want to be presumptuous that Anthony didn't have other plans for the day and wasn't just sitting around waiting for me to text him.

But I got encouragement from a random video I was watching from the website of an upcoming conference that I plan to attend in June.   One of the speakers said, "Do It Scared, Do It Afraid, Do It Anyway."   I never heard anyone encourage folks quite like that but I repeated that mantra and went ahead and texted Anthony.   Worse case scenario he would just be busy and could always reschedule another time.

It turned out he wasn't busy and he invited me over.  I managed to breath again through my nose after taking an inhaler decongestant.   I prepped myself and then made my way over.   Anthony and I chatted for a bit when I arrived.   We did the same thing when we met in 2021.   

It was then show time.  Anthony and I had a great time again.  He definitely knows what he's doing.  It's cool that he still has the desire for sex in his 60's.   I guess there are guys that still have it in their 60's and beyond.    

He's a pretty cool guy.   He's actually a retired school teacher that's going for a PH.D in education that he has a dissertation for in April.  (Heh I guess I have a type...LOL).   We were chatting afterwards about the lack of positive gay black couples that you see in media.   He said he didn't even think at one time that black guys could be together in a relationship.   I honestly didn't think it was possible either.  I did try to connect with other gay black men with bad results.   We both remembered this young-ish black couple in Atlanta that does Youtube videos and agreed that it is nice to see more representation these days.

I admit our conversation had me wondering what would've happened if Anthony and I had a second date.  I just remembered not really feeling a spark with him so it never happened.  But you never know what would've happened had I gave him another shot.    Would I have even met Rock, Midas, or Dom?   Would I have still worked at my previous job?   Would I still be at my old home?   Life is pretty interesting.   Every choice you make leads to your other choices.    Everything happens for a reason. 

I am glad Anthony and I reconnected once again.   Maybe we'll do it again sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment