Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Health Matters

 Dom is continuing to try and recover from all his health issues that have taken place this year.   The insulin has helped him manage his diabetes.    He's continuing to take blood thinners following his pulmonary embolism that was discovered a week after his prostate surgery.   His pee has been bloody but part of it is the side effects form the thinners.

Unfortunately Dom has been experiencing issues with his balance and lightheadedness that his doctors have been unable to diagnose.   He's done MRI and Cat Scans and even went to the ER once more to get to the bottom of things.   But the initial conclusion was that he was suffering from sinuses.

Dom and his primary doctor however does not believe the ER diagnosis and wants Dom to visit a neurologist and urologist to perform more tests.   He viewed the MRI results and was concerned about Dom's prostate once more and said that he had fatty liver and pancreas.    He is a candidate for cirrhosis of the liver which could be caused by viruses and even diabetes.   He has appointments set though one of them isn't until January 2024.

There is a fear that he could possibly have cancer which would be very devastating.   He's already said if it is cancer, he does not want chemotherapy or radiation.   There is a possible therapy for prostate cancer called Proton Therapy that he would be interested in.   The main benefit of proton therapy is that the treatment is tailored to target more of the bad cancer cells and less damage to the good cells.   The hope of course is that there is no cancer.   But we may not know anything till next year.   Gotta love modern medicine and how much they care for their patients.

So Dom's missed more work due to his symptoms and he's concerned that he may not finish the school year.   As a result we decided it would be best to add him to my insurance starting in 2024.   Of course doing so will put a hurting on my paycheck but I'm hoping since they typically use pre-tax dollars to deduct healthcare expenses that it may be a slightly less painful reduction.   I definitely need to get some kind of raise next year.  I pray too that I can hold on to my job because it'll also affect his health insurance if I lose it.   Time to kiss some butt...LOL.

Speaking of kissing butt, tomorrow is the Friendsgiving event at my job.  I am a bit nervous about going.   Also my plan to have the new person that was supposed to be in Chicago hang out with me has gone south.   I haven't seen the person online at all and he was a no-show on Tuesday.   I'm not expecting to see him tomorrow either.   So I have to attend the event alone.   I am hoping I can get over my nerves and try to chat with folks.

Apparently now I have to go to Indianapolis next Thursday to meet all four of the new hires that were placed under my wing and then take them to lunch.   I will say they seemed to hire some sharp folks.   There is a concern that they're hiring a lot of extra people and will there be enough work.   It may be a battle of the fittest to see who can hang on to their job in 2024.   My manager seems to like me even confiding in me about others she doesn't like (without naming names though I already suspect who).   But will that be enough to stay on.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment