Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Your Perspective

 Dom has been making an extra effort to try and go in to work everyday this week and last week.   With everything that's been going on with him health-wise, he unfortunately has used up all his sick days again (same thing happened last school year) so he does not get paid when he doesn't make it in.    His last paycheck was only for 3 days of work so it was quite low.   Definitely not enough to keep up with his doll habit.   But that's another tale for another post.   

So after coming home from work today, he was complaining about how his kids never listen to what he says and how they are unruly constantly.    It is unfortunately true and it's been rougher for him since he's been dealing with his own health woes.   He complained of his ankle aching for almost two weeks.   In fact he may actually take a day off tomorrow to try and heal it up a bit.   Plus I have to travel to Indianapolis (ugh) tomorrow for work so he wanted to stay back in case some packages come through.

As he was complaining I was thinking about how I've complained about him not listening to my advice about trying to save more.   I continue to get frustrated with him since I pretty much am the responsible one for paying the majority of the household bills.    He does pay for groceries sometimes at least.    But I marvel how he is always on top of the latest doll stuff that comes on sale and he ignores his own personal bills (hospital and even owing on doll stuff).   With everything that's happened to him and his not working as much, I've been giving his doll enabler $100 a month to cover his $4000 bill that they were asking for, so far I've given $2400.    So I guess I'm paying for it after all.    But I know that we're married so his debt is our debt I guess.     I took a look at some of the hospital bills that he's ignored and so far it's added up to more than $2000 so I know at some point I may have to deal with that too.

But I was thinking of the irony of him complaining about the students not listening to him when I feel like he doesn't listen to me.   On the flipside he's complained that I don't listen to him either.    Sometimes he'll say something and I'll forget about it later when he brings it up again.

I guess it puts things in perspective.   Depending on the point of view, things can be seen in a different light.

No comments:

Post a Comment